Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just traded in my 97 clio for a 99 civic 1.4i auto much better car but I did not get an Owner’s Manual with it that's why I am here to search for one, which is now what I am off to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
who needs books when you have a team of enthusiasts right here? :)
The only think I've had to show a new honda owner is how to switch to main beam - his was a bit stiff so he was scared of moving it.
Welcome aboard. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

I have a HONDA Civic 1.4i, 5 Doors, Automatic, Hatchback, Petrol, 1999 S Reg. Only problem I have had with it is a flat battery but after a jump start and good run it seems fine. They is a slight hesitation when starting which sounds a bit like a low battery but I assume this is the immobiliser system working before it allows the car to start, am I right?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Hi & welcome. I find the best way to start them is when you turn on the ignition, wait till the imob light goes off on your instrument cluster. , then start. When the imob light goes off, this means the immobiliser is switched off.

Also, get that battery on a charger! It's winter, so it won't get a really good charge just driving around cos you use the heater/lights/sometimes hrw and wipers. A good full charge won't do it any harm and you'll know the battery's got enough life to crank the engine on a day where it doesn't want to start!! (very few and far between with hondas thankfully! :cool: )

Dave

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hi and welcome to Honda Civic Forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts