Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just going to quickly introduce myself, im dane im 19 from sheffield and just bought my first honda civic. Now dont get me wrong i wanted the type R but due to the high insurance and my age i had to settle for a red type sport. ep3. is this a decent choice or am i just trying to make do as i cant have a type r? my plans for this are to make it look like a type r and just wanted a project too really. i have just paid for this car and am waiting to pick it up from the garage in the next few days! thanks for any suggestions and hope to chat to you all on here! dane

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was thinking of gettin a sport before i got my EJ9....EP3 tho definately not the older 1s! I think they look nice and at least they r cheap on the insurance! cant wait to c pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i cant wait to pick it up, like i said im just waiting to pick it up from the garage as its in for service and mot. well before this i had a bmw318ci (on ebay if any1s interested lol) and decided a change was needed. what plans u got then rachy? my first plans are to make the exterior look like a type r, this includes changing all the badges adding a type r spoiler and some type r wheels, maybe even have to lower it a little to make it a replica? any advice any1?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The Sport is the EP2, the type R is the EP3, TBH I wouldn't bother making it a type r replica there isn't really much point.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
0ane said:
well before this i had a bmw318ci (on eBay if any1s interested lol) EDD, you want another???:lol:
My mate has a silver sport and he's kinda done it up to look like a Type R, looks really smart too. but think hes gonna change it again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its summat i wantb to do and have my eye set on making it a type r replica then eventually ill get summat faster.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If u look in the members civic gallery then there is a guy in there with an EP2 and he has debadged it and it looks really nice...and not like somethin it isnt!

I am plannin on gettin sum facelift rear lights, sir front lip, type r rear lip and sum wind deflectors for mine. possible engine mods but no decided on wot yet!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
All the type r (EP3) extras will fit on the Sport (EP2) but with regards to the seats, the airbag light will come on as there are no side airbags in the EP3 seats, so nowhere to connect the EP2 airbag connector.

Type R wheels will only fit the 2004> Sport as the previous years are only 4 stud

Type R spoilers i`m not sure about, i`ve heard stories of having to file down the EP3 spoiler to fit, but other people say no need :-

EP2 is a great wee car, I had one myself. If you need any more advice, feel free to ask.

Oh and welcome to HCF 8-|

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Gibbscp said:
0ane said:
well before this i had a bmw318ci (on eBay if any1s interested lol) EDD, you want another???:lol:
My mate has a silver sport and he's kinda done it up to look like a Type R, looks really smart too. but think hes gonna change it again :rolleyes:
:lol: Gibbs :( I did kinda go hmm when i read that!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I KNEW IT, I bloody KNEW IT!!!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts