Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda Civic 1.4 S which has an irregular clicking sound (metallic?) at the front of the car when braking - just before coming to a halt at the end of braking.

The Honda garage I use has been unable to solve this problem on three occasions. They have replaced the FNS shock absorber which perhaps has reduced the clicking a little. The garage tells me they have checked and oiled all suspension parts and everything else they could think of. They have checked the braking system and tell me it is working fine. They say there is nothing else they can find that is wrong. It doesn't always happen, and can often go periods without any noise at all. The noise only happens when braking.

I haven't found any braking problems so I assume this is not a dangerous problem, but it is mighty annoying and quite loud when heard from the outside. It is weird it only happens when at the end of braking to slow or stop, and never when going over bumps, speed humps or around corners - at varying speeds.

I feel the car has been regularly driven over rough ground before I bought it. It had numerous chips all over the bonnet (I have had the whole bonnet resprayed and would like to keep the car), and, despite an obvious rigorous clean before selling, dirt and dust in some crannies which I found later. It has a tow-bar and 68K on the clock. Perhaps a lesson in being more careful when examining a car before buying.

Suggestions gratefully received - thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for your help with this. Do the low pad sensors make a regular noise to draw attention to their being low, or an intermittant noise. My noise is very intermittant. (I have experienced the ABS system on this Civic and it is different.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts