Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i have a 1996 honda civic coupe and for the past 2 or 3 months, when i hit about 70mph on the motorway i can hear a loud humming from what sounds like is coming from the rear, about a month ago i replaced the n/s/r wheel bearing, actually the whole hub, as only comes complete with hub, and was still making the noise, then decided that it might be coming from the o/s/r, so then i replaced the offside hub, againg the noise is still there, someone suggested swapping the tyres from the front to the back, to see if that would make a difference, but again, can still hear the humming noise, it seems to be louder when someone or people are sitting in back, i cannot understand what else this could be, may be perhaps the rear shocks?????
can any one help or advise please ??????

·
Registered
26 Posts
You probably just have noisy tires. Try a different set. If you have a friend with the same model, try putting his/her wheel/tire assy on your car and see if the noise is gone.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!!

lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
TheJGB3 said:
You probably just have noisy tires. Try a different set. If you have a friend with the same model, try putting his/her wheel/tire assy on your car and see if the noise is gone.
I have the exact problem, i even changed both wheel bearings, i think it is to do with the wheels, or possibly the way the wheels are made, would you say it could be the way the air flow is through the wheel?

I'm going to swap my wheels around this weekend and see what happens, i'll repost to this to let y'all know...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Certain tread designs on certain tires will make noise when driving. That is what I am talking about. To eliminate this problem you would have to purchase new tires. But to be sure this is indeed what it is, you should swap with a friends wheeels/tires to see if the noise goes away before spending $$ on tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts