Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new here, and sort of new to jap's. i did own a civic for a few weeks, its was a 1.5lsi with a prelude 2.2vtec engine conversion and prelude seats, what a pile of s*it it was, i ended up selling it again, it had so many issues.

any hows, i now have my eye on my mates civic, its a EF9 SiR (i think) :- and i think im in love, i love the shape and old school feel about it. now the thing is, i dont have a clue about civics, what to look out for when buying one and what they are worth.

I hope i am welcome here, and hope to learn a few things.

Cheers,
Raj 8-|

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome to the site :)

What was wrong with the LSi with the H22 in it?

If you are looking at something of that age (same shape as my CRX) then there are a few things you want to check before you buy it.

a) Rust - It will more than likely have some rust on it, problem errors include rear arches, doors and door sills. also check the wheel arches that are under the rear bumper mine are rotted as hell! If it has been re-arched check the inside of the arches to make sure they arn't rusting from the inside.

b) Engine - Check to make sure that no valves are clicking or anything like that, also when you drive it check that the VTEC kicks in properly.

c) Usual stuff when buying a car really!

Best of luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers edd, well the civic had a few issues like, the wiring wasnt complete, and what ever was wried was just taped together, the brakes were standerd, the last owner sprayed over the whole engine bay with gray primer (including the engine) he said it was to reduce heat!!!!, the front lover cross member was twisted and cracked, and the seems in the engine bay were starting to crack!!!!

Ill see if i still have pics of it

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a shitter tbh mate!

Spraying primer over the bay to reduce heat! what a tool...

How much does he want for it?

Alec WTF is that?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts