Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired up the sound system in my car, everything fine apart from I can hear the alternator through my speakers and a stupid whistling noise and its p*ssing me off! :cry:

I had to strip the wires back from my live and earth so I could fit them into the amp (screw down hold) and im thinking i may not have a proper connection as they don't seem secure, but the amp works! I can't find any connectors for this VIBE amp so that i can insert the wires into it and then screw down on top of a gold terminal connector!

The earth is connected to the main frame of the car and isn't touching any painted surfaces, could it maybe be interference from other wires up the door??

Hope this makes sense. Please help! Driving me nuts! :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Is your live wire running straight from your battery or from another 12v supply?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To both

The live wire is running directly from the battery up the passenger side of the car, the RCAs are up the drivers side, but there may be some other wires running to! THOU, i had to put the live wire through the grommit where the main wiring loom comes into the car!!! Could that be the problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest it was the only way i could get it into the car?? But i think il take it out it out of there and c if it still makes the noise! God all this just to hear some decent tunes! My 206 was a lot simpler.

whats a power capacitor?

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Similarly, in smaller scale circuits, the spark may not be enough to damage the switch but will still radiate undesirable radio frequency interference (RFI), which a filter capacitor absorbs.

Capacitors are also used in parallel to interrupt units of a high-voltage circuit breaker in order to equally distribute the voltage between these units. In this case they are called grading capacitors.

Their frequency dependent behaviour allows filtering applications including noise filtering, separation of AC and DC components of signals and the smoothing of power supplies.
Source: Wiki

In short, capacitors regulate voltage flow.
If it is alternator noise transfering to your to your amp, then a power capacitor should in theory get rid of the noise.
Dont quote me though, ive never used one as ive never needed to. Im sure someone on here will correct me/back me up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts