Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...how would you wire a headunit 50x4, amp(what watt amp would i need), 2 front door speakers 130w each, to rear 6x9's 210w each, this is in a EG3 1995 sorry i got the headunit and speakers, and read a few things and was like WTF else do i need !!!! thanks

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
you will need to buy an amp wiring kit
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dynamic ... 2nss507ec0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the rms rating of the speakers? those ratings i guess are max and are usless. peak means nothing :)

As for how to wire it:
you run the power cable (in the pack) from the battery to the back of the car

run a set of speaker cables from each speaker to the back of the car aswell

run a set of rca leads and remote wire (both in the pack) from the head unit to the back of the car

Find a good earth spot for the amp. I MUST not have paint on it so sand it off it the place you choose does. This wil give you a better earthing point and no chance of the headunit becoming faulty due to the amp trying to earth through the rca cables.

1st thing to do is earth the amp, so you atach the earth cable to the earth terminal on the amp
Next attach the power to the +12v on the amp (make sure the fuse is NOT in the fuse holder - this stops the current going into the amp yet)
now attach the remote cable. This is attached to normally a blue or blue/white whire on the loom behind the head unit which usually has a connector waiting for you to use.

Now you've done this turn the head unit on. the amp should power up. If it does the GOOD lol

Next turn the head unit off and attach the RCA's which go from the sockets on the back of the headunit to the amp.

Finally attach the speaker cables from the front speakers. Next turn all the gains down (gain should be on its lowest setting which is the highest number), bass boost at 0 and freq at around 80-100hz

Turn your head unit on and you hould get sound :)

If its me i'd wire the 6x9's to the headunit but if you want to hook them to the amp simply run speaker wire from them to the amp. If you are to do this you will need a 4 channel amp

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, so the door speakers and the 6x9's go into a 4-channel amp. the RMS foe the headunit is 35x4, and the front door speakers 92.8 watt RMS each , the 6x9's 150W RMS each. oh and for the amp do i have to equal the the total max speaker wattage (680watt) would i need an amp that is the same watt or a little bigger like a 720w amp?, or would it be the total of the RMS wattage (480w), get a 500w amp or nearer? thanks for the help wb asap

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
the rms of the head unit will probs be less than 35, more like 15.
If you get an amp that does 100wrms x 4 you should be fine. The 6x9's will be pretty efficent so underpowering them by 50wrms wont matter, they drag the sound stage backwards anyway so if it was me they wouldnt be there at all

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
the spec of that is a bit confusing. Its a 4 channel amp that does:
100W x 4-Ch @ 4-Ohms or
150W x 4-Ch @ 2-Ohms or
300W x 2-Ch @ 4-Ohms

So, if you run your front speakers and rear speaker they will get 100wrms per speaker (thats assuming they are 4ohm speakers)

If it was me and spending around that money i'd get a 4 channel JBL 75.4 2nd hand

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
that is the power range and a better amp then the gto75.4 if you can afford the px300 then go for it :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok, is it easy to run the speaker wire to the boot, iv just installed some new speakers in the front and back, fronts are alpine componants, just wondering how the wiring would be for this.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
the ease depends on which civic you have and how easy you find to take it apart. y not start your own thread btw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think i will, thought people might moan about a new thread which might have been covered but i dont really know whats to do for the amp. thanks ryan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts