Honda Civic Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey on my way 2 work 2day the weather was murder,it was raning so hard could`nt see much.and i went straight through a great big puddle that took up the whole road,as i came out it my car wanted to cut out! but didnt and started to kangaroo a bit.drove really slowly for a few feat as it just didnt want to move.then the power cut back in and car drove fine.dose any1 know why it did this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
that'll probably be it then

If theres one thing you dont want in your engine its water and as a CAI drags water up from under the car youve sucked some water through your intake. You're lucky that it didnt just stop there as if it hydrolocks you're fucked. Rods etc will be bent and you might as well scrap the engine!

Water cant be compressed so makes the pistons unable to function.

Moral of the story dont mix CAI's and large puddles!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
we had a car in the floods that accured last time and we had 2 customers with hydraulic ,d engines both were right offs
and last year we had one ,its a regular accurance people dont realise what happens it tends to be diesels more not because of mechanical differences but due to the fact that people with diesels dont worry about soaking the ignition system , but air intakes dont even enter the mind untill the shit hits the fan :(
you were bloody lucky :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its not something you really think about.who would have thought that driving through some water could couse so much damage.some times you just cant avoid it.
yea do belive i was lucky.
thanks again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just have a normal induction with no cold air feed... the stock bumpers have the feed for you and water doesnt go up them because there not sitting on the floor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.