Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned with Comma Clean Wheels :lol: and a sponge.

Insides de tarred with Autoglyms Intensive Tar remover and Chemical guys clay and Meguiars clay!! I reckon they got baked on!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Grrr

Dry sidewalls arnt a good look, I'll get that sorted out with some Meguiars Enduarnce gloss later :D

Dont put it down :razz: I found it really effective :lol:

I just thought, "might aswell" as she was there with me

Testing. (Thats a peice of cotton by the way, not a peice of clay)! -

Just to show how wide the gap is in between each spoke there 1/18th scale model cars.

TAR SPOTS :shock:

After -

Some spots remain but a majority have gone

A 50/50. The insides of these wheels must not have been cleaned sinced brand new, which reminds me, they cost £1500 brand new :!:

Here are the finished results :cool: I know there not perfect looking because there in need of a refurb but this will have to do 4 now :) -

All in all it took just over 2hrs, got them back upstairs into the computer/spare bedroom today after I finished and bloomin hell there heavy!! :razz:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Would you recommend the Auto Glym intensive tar remover? I have a few tar spots on my wheels that I can't seem to shift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yerr its good stuff but i've moved onto Valetpro's Citrus tar and glue remover which is much better in my opinion because of 2 reasons.
1. Because it doesnt dry out as fast as AG's intensive tar remover so you can keep working it in for longer &
2. Because it smells so strong and good, all fruity and orangy.
There is another alternative in terms of tar removal though which is meant to be really really good called Auto smart Tardis. I havent bought it and used it yet though because its quite hard to get and apparently you'll have to throw away each cloth you use it with or else that cloth will stink out the washing machine :mad:

Just wondering.... How else have you been trying to remove the tar spots withought a tar remover?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Easiest way to get rid of tar spots is with a cloth and some White Spirit, light tar spots will just lift clean off with ease and for heavy spots soak the cloth and rub them with the white spirit and leave for a couple of minutes to soften then go back to them and they will lift off easily as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Great Job, I can honestly say I always go with Autoglym. Their product's never fail to amaze me,
they never let you down on the look and give your motor a great finish.

Speaking of Autoglym I saw a competition running on Facebook where you can win some Autoglym products!
Heres the link:*https://www.facebook.com/NationalCarClean/app_1516...*all you have to do is give your,
best car cleaning tip, Worth a shot!*

Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts