Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, got myself a 96 Civic off of my mate for a bargain. Its pretty standard looking at the moment with it being silver, with some weird Honda 5 spokes.

Anyway, it looks boring at the moment. Trying to find a VTi front and rear bumper to no avail and if I do then I'll paint the side skirts and bump strips on it.

Wheels? Not sure what looks good yet standard looking, the exhaust, well I drive shit loads of miles so an aftermarket one is a no no as the drone will piss me off.

It seems to go like stink after 4k, it isn't Vtec as its a 1.4 but for a 90p motor it definately shifts.

Is there anything I can do to the engine to make it less whiney? more metallic sounding, but no induction kit. Thinking more on the lines of a panel filter and a drilled air box?

Suspension? its a low car, but rides high if you get me..

I'm as per usual on a budget so cheaper the better..

What can I do to: 1. make it faster and sound better without an exhaust. 2. lower it without completely fucking the shocks. 3. umm yeah make it look more aggresive without using ripspeed wheels and fibreglass gash bumpers.

Rock on, Ben.

Edit:

Oh and what engine do I have? Its a 1.4 thats about all I know!

16v? 8v? Engine name? its a right nightmare trying to find parts for it lol. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Welcome to the site matey.

It'll be a (16v) D14A4 or D14Z2 if it's a facelift model. Pretty much any parts from other EK's will fit, aside from engine parts obviously lol

Not sure what you could do to make it sound better without doing what you've already mentioned. Mine sounded awesome with a full exhaust system and long ram induction kit though lol

Check out http://www.rarerims.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for wheel ideas, then maybe keep an eye out on various forums/ebay for the style of wheels you want. Can't go wrong with Rota's though IMO.

Pic of mine for inspiration: http://www.civicsport.co.uk/civic/buildup/IMG_1016.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps :)

Andy

·
Registered
109 Posts

Look for proper wheels :p

Personally I'd prefer a set of Volks or something, and bargains pop up regularly. With proper JDM wheels you can NEVER go wrong. Never.

Although if you have deep pockets a brand new set minus tyres of a decent JDM wheel will set you back about £900. You get what you pay for, they're insanely well made and extremely light as they're forged for the most part.

Either look for a proper suspension kit to lower it or invest in coilovers. Coilovers give you more adjustability and you can get 'that perfect drop' but you can get a sweet deal on a suspension kit which will drop the thing on it's arse with fresh shocks and without the setup time.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum dude! Lowering springs are probably your cheapest option for a lower stance and maybe a cone filter as appose to an induction kit or a panel filter with drilled box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy said:
Welcome to the site matey.

It'll be a (16v) D14A4 or D14Z2 if it's a facelift model. Pretty much any parts from other EK's will fit, aside from engine parts obviously lol

Not sure what you could do to make it sound better without doing what you've already mentioned. Mine sounded awesome with a full exhaust system and long ram induction kit though lol

Check out http://www.rarerims.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for wheel ideas, then maybe keep an eye out on various forums/eBay for the style of wheels you want. Can't go wrong with Rota's though IMO.

Pic of mine for inspiration: http://www.civicsport.co.uk/civic/buildup/IMG_1016.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps :)

Andy

That my friend is exactly the look I'm after! Wish I could find a bloody VTi bumper though..

Love the headlights, were they done yourself or did you buy them?

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
VTi bumpers are the same as all other bumpers. It'll be a coupe/EK9 front you'll be after, the one with no bump strips ;)

Mine's a facelift too so it's different still. You'll need a whole new front end if you want that look lol

Headlights were bought from Honda, those are off an EK9 as well. Cost me £160 last year, think the pre-facelift ones are a tad more expensive though... but you could always try find a set 2nd hand! Well worth it IMO :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts