Honda Civic Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Effi said:
It would be OK but not what I would recommend, it would purely look better, any improvement in handling will be minimal and will result in more bouncy behaviour we is generally going to be detrimental to the overall handling quality.

You can pickup second hand sets at reasonable prices. For uprated shocks and springs second hand will be around £100-£200, depending on brand, for a set thats been looked after.
also just wondering are jamex coilovers any good?

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
luketropica said:
also just wondering are jamex coilovers any good?
The big debate. Some say value for money, others say stay away. Just type into google Jamex good or bad and you get loads of opinions. Then it's up to you whether you want to chance being one of the people who say they're sh*t.

·
Premium Member
10,908 Posts
Came across a poll when I typed in jamex coilovers review in google, 80% said stay away but most people just see the cheap price and instantly think its crap, alot of people have got jamex and I think if people were avoiding jamex like the plague, they would have stopped making them

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
It's a tricky one... by the time you save the £300 for jamex, if you can last a bit longer to buy something more reputable then you probably should. :)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
borley001 said:
where's a good place to get a cheap coilover kit? i'm on a bit of a tight budget but i need some for my 2001 civic sport
generally I wouldnt touch anything under £350-£500

·
Registered
51 Posts
ive had jamex shocks/springs before and could honestly say for the money the're reasonable. but when comparing them against bilsteins, you can really see the difference! bisteins handle bumps, potholes and corners effortlessly while actually not being so harsh. where as jamex cant handle bumps potholes or corners that well LOL (ive had both, but where in different cars, although the bilsteins where in major need of an over haul!)

anyways, was just wondering if anyone has come across toyosport coilover spring kits? and if they could give me any feedback on them..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en

cheers guys.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
those aren't coilovers

They are sleeves which go over your existing dampers. Yes, its a waste of money

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
In the strictest terms they can be called coilovers, but not as intended in the community when talking about coilovers. Stay clear of them, if you want to lower on a budget get some fixed height springs like Apex or save up for full coilovers which have a matched damper for best performance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi ppl, i drive an ep2 civic sport 03 i bought it with simple lowering springs already fitted dont know the the brand but they are 40mm lowering springs BUT, wat i wud like to no is do u get rubbing wile ur cars lowered?? my left passenger side wheel is rubbing and its putting my head away :( so if i put standard 1.6 sport springs bk into it will it stop rubbing?? ther was 18s on my car but ive now changed the wheels to 17s and its still rubbing a bit but only when my steering wheels in 3/4 lock

·
Registered
13 Posts
no m8 i only past my test abt 5 wks ago then got my motor a week l8r so ive only had the car 4 wks and i havent a clue to be quite hounest.... im only learning like every 1 but my car does pull to the left when im driveing sumtimes and its the left wheel thats rubbing do u think thats the cause?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts