Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps i know the light sort of answer the question already!
But i have had my airbag light come on over the last few days! I have not had any knocks or anything to cause it to come on!
Would this be somehting major have done? or is it simply somethign like the airbag sensor gone?
I checked the technical manual and it appears to either be my air bag or seat belt sensors.

Whats the most sufficiant and easyiest way to diagnose this? And cheapest lol

Dazz

·
Registered
23 Posts
My light is now staying on, and last night I jump started it (or at least the very nice RAC man with the box did it).
Presumably that's the reason the light is staying on. I've seen countless other forums, google results and youtube vids for resetting the light on newer Civics, but what about for my 98? Can I still do the paperclip thing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nevermind! Sorted it!!
Followed the steps below and it worked perfectly! Thanks Yurich!!

yurich said:
Hi mate. I had the same problem about a week ago. Dont worry its easy to do.
Find your fuse box and yellow 2 pin connector connected into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Than you gonna have to need a piece of wire to connect and disconnect those 2 pins. And follow this instructions:
1. Turn the ignition off and connect those 2 pins together
2. Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.
3. Disconnect 2 pins within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.
4. Reconnect 2 pins within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.
5. Disconnect 2 pins within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.
6. Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light.
If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts