Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just bought a Civic Type R and it has a K&N filter on it. Would it be best all round to stick with this or put the standard filter back on??

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Are you talking about the flat panel filter or the induction kit?

Stick with it! Make sure it's nice and clean though. A K&N filter is an upgrade not a downgrade :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Is it a panel filter in the standard box or a cone style filter and pipe?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I have a new panel filter also.

I believe my K&N panel filter with my K&N induction kit gives better air flow than a factory air box and K&N panel filter.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
1.4 engine.

Yes, of course a cold air induction would give better gains than a short ram. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that my current setup of uprated panel filter and short ram induction kit is giving better gains than just an uprated panel filter and an OEM air box.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
>:eek: >:eek: >:eek:

Where did I say I think it's faster? When did noise come into this?

Now listen closely: All I'm saying is that my K&N short ram intake and my K&N panel filter is giving better air flow (which would mean gains on a more powerful engine) than a standard air box and a K&N panel filter. That's it. Nothing more.

It's really quite simple what I'm saying.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
absolutlysideways said:
will be giving slightly better air flow
I'm glad we can agree on that :)

My cone filter is right next to the grill, it gets plenty of cold air. Agreed on a 1.4 it will show little to no actual power gains though.

To be honest it depends what Civic Type R he is talking about. An EK or EP one for example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its the k&n typhoon, pipe and cone filter. Just thought that there would be a lot of heatsoak - might put the oem box back on when the bloke finds it for me

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Really? I doubt it would be that hard. There is, after all only two wires coming out of your battery. I'm quite tempted myself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts