Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question for any of you that have had experience spraying before. Would this...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-LITRE-AIR-COMPRESSOR-240V-BRAND-NEW-BOXED_W0QQitemZ230250073495QQihZ013QQcategoryZ30906QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem...be any good for spraying individual body panels??

Sean and Lee both know that there needs to be a little bit of spray work done to this Civic of mine to get it back to its glory days lol Now I wouldn't mind having a go myself. So would that be suitable to spray front/rear bumpers and a bonnet?? If I canget them done cheaper by doing it myself I would like to then send it off to get the rust patches sorted out at a body shop.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See thats the thing mate Im not sure where I'd be able to do it. Im just thinking of somewhere that'd be alright. You got any ideas?? I've seen a few people do them outside. But if I wanted to risk that I'd need somewhere that doesn't get hit by the wind. Kinda hard around here as you know lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
you somewhere relatively dust free in order to get a good finish,howsons using his garage and probably just sheeting that out,i was looking into a garage a few year ago to learn myself,its just difficult to find a decent place to learn :'( i still really want to aswell!!it can be possible outside just like i say depends on the finish you want

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
To be honest mate I'd advise against this. The reason getting something painted often costs so much :cash: is that is requires skill.

The cheapest way would be to:
1. Get the colour code of your car paint from the inside of the passenger door (usually).
2. Go to somewhere like Halfords and get a can of that paint made up from the code you give them.
3. Clean it all, ready for painting.
4. Take the clean piece and the can of paint to a body shop.
5. Say "put this paint, on this." job done.

·
Registered
780 Posts
my mate used to spray in his garage with a 25 litre compressor and his finish was ok, but he didn't take any precautions against dust.
if your careful you can do it quite easily, just kit out a garage with sheets and don't do any dirty work in there, then leave the compressor outside do it doesn't kick up the dust when running, also they can be quite noisey, (my 150l one is bloody noisey 95DB) just remember to scotch gaurd each layer of paint as this removes the overspray and the rough texture you get, just a quick whip over is enoguh, then some good coats of laquer and your laughing, well :cash: wise you will be

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys I'm gonna look into it. Ive done a little bit of spraying doing a couple of guitars with my uncle whos a pro painter. So I've got a little experience in the technique and such. Just need to look into it a bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts