Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there all civic lovers!

My name is Ben and i live in Denham which is situated just outside of uxbridge. I have just recently purchased myself a black Honda Civic Type R and its loverly to drive and get looked at by chavs in their 1.1 saxos as i fly past them! haha!

Its got the Honda 6 cd changer in it aswell as a cd player in the front but doesnt play mp3 cds :( .

Will upload a picture soon of it soon but it is standard so dont expect anything amazing!

A query that i do have already though is can you actually buy a mp3 compatible cd player system for the type r?!

Looking forward to having some convos with the lot of ya!

Ben

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
CDs are old fashioned now. Just get an iPod compatible head unit :)

Welcome to the forum mate. Looking forward to the photos.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeh all you will need is a decent off the shelf head unit and a plastic surround to fill the gap the standard lump left. you can sometimes get round the wiring easy but you can buy it with ease like nicky suggests. its worth it. i have mp3 and aux in thats all you need, unless you want to watch dvds !! you can get a mp3 compatible for under £100 but sound quality gets alot better the more you pay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah well i have a mp3 pioneer headunit but wanted to know if you would be able to get round it by keeping the 6 cd changer. Can you get kits that will adapt to the cd changer in the back without having to buy a pioneer cd changer?

·
Registered
370 Posts
the cd changer will be made by a normal audio manufacturer so it could be pioneer. i know you can convert some cd changers but most of the time it has to be the make. you need to make sure your head unit can actually control one too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wicked. So i will have to see if its possible for me to do that then. Cheers for that bud. Another question now, ive taken some photos of my car (Finally) but dont know how to put them up! Can ya help?

·
Registered
370 Posts
click post reply button then a new window open up with more options.
there should be a tab below called upload attachment. pretty obvious from there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts