Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Short ram isn't better for track. CAI supposedly always gives better performance, but you have to worry about puddles ;)

·
Registered
770 Posts
short ram gets less heat soak on a track because of all the air keeps circulating because you dont stop.

never said it was better.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
go for a CAI stuff the puddles, you can fettle a water deflector to stop water getting in, or just don't drive in the rain!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alec said:
Short ram isn't better for track. CAI supposedly always gives better performance, but you have to worry about puddles ;)
Yeh i was driving the other day and all hell broke lose(started raining very heavily), it was like a was like i was water skiing. That kinda put me off the whole CAI thing. So its not really a question of AEM of K&N its CAI or SRI.

I'm not out for much that more power gain, as i dont do track, i just want a lil more response etc etc is it still worth getting CAI?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your choice entirely but to give you an insight I wanted a little more grunt and a little noise without the risks of water getting in the engine and without the £500 cost and so I opted for an AEM V2 and I have to say I love it, as I do with anything I buy I really did my homework and I made a choice based on what I required and regardsless about what others may say on here about no gains I personaly think there are gains from this filter even if they are only slight but at the end of the day i'm more than happy with it and thats what counts.
My advice is read lots and if you can meet with some other forum members and go out with them to get an idea of what you might want to spend your hard earned cash on. 8-|

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
my panel filter adds zero, still it saves money as after 5 services it pays for itself against paper ones. plus i get filter cleaner oil on the cheap to make sure its all good :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts