Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im a new member and also new to the world of screaming hondas! Im looking for a 1.6 16v vtec civic to be used as my daily driver as well as on road rallys... It seems that there are lots of differant models and numbers for the same lookin cars i have a budget of about £2500-£3500 to spend is there any spcific things i should be looking for?, am i better of with a uk car or an import (are bits harder to get/more expencive for a import?) Not interested in anything with bits of plastic glued on or looking like its done a ram raid on Halfrauds, just needs to be strong and in good order. Oh and what sort of economy can i expect on normal day to day driving.

Thanks in advance look forward to your replies. Matt

·
Registered
614 Posts
welcome to the forum bro :D lovin the 'halfrauds' comment!! i dont know about anyone else but i get about 180miles on a full tank but that is givin beans every now and again so u could probab;y get more. As for things to look out for im not really sure. Import would be slightly more powerfull i think (siir is equivalent to vti but has 10more bhp). Im not too sure on how expensive the parts would be, generally when replacing parts on a honda it doesn't happen too often so when it does it would be reasonably expensive if u had a uk one or an import i think. As for models, post a pic up of the shape ur looking to get and then someone will probably tell u what code it comes under. :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
in my b16a2 (jordan but same as VTI) i get between 27 and 38 mpg. for hard driving expect really low figures like 22 or less on a tank. a long run without speeding will get about 34-36. i guessed that when i was tanking it over 20 miles it did 8mpg for that 1/4 tank. but can easily get over 300 miles if your careful! (250 if ur doing short journeys).

import parts are only slightly different. you could get away with replacing the pistons with uk model ones but would reduce the compression ratio and reduce power. its best to get a standard cared for ek4 vti and strip the lot out. i mean everything. power steering, air con, seats etc etc. then you save weight. keep the engine standard (could do with better breathing-exhaust and intake) then keep the oil fresh and make sure its warmed up and cooled down and you will be surprised how fast it will go....... also you want lightweight wheels, swap the bonnet for carbon and if ur really serious about the racing add a cage and cut useless metal out. will drop 0-60 from 7 into the 6s and improve handling quite a lot. do the obvious coilovers and you will see a car go fast!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This shape or the slightly older version like yours r19ory i guess this one is only realy a face lifted version of the old car, But this newer version doesnt seem to fech the money like the older ones is there a reason for this??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im into my old stuff mainly i have a 1965 Ford Anglia i have done a 3 year rebuild on with race suspention and a 1800 16v zetec on bike carbs and mappable ecu whist keeping period looks so i can terrorising chavs on a sunday afternoon.....simple pleasures eh!! Probobly not most of your cup of tea but a bit of variaty never hurt anyone!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Great looking Anglia you have there Mrp. I'd love a Mk1 Civic Hatch and mod that up. So rare to find these days though :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts