Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an M reg eg5, which has some nice BBS alloys on. However two of the alloys aren't in brilliant shape, looking dull and with several scuffs and scratches.

I was just wondering how easy it is to refurbish them, and how I would go about doing this.

Any information would be great :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if your up for the job and got the time u can do it yourself. I think theres a guide on this site in the how to section. Basically sand down, start with grade 180 sand paper and then work finer say, 220, then 400, maybe finish with a quick 600. Wash down with sugar soap, then mask round the tyre and tape plastic bags over it. Now your ready to spray! give it 3-4 coats of primer, grey is best, then a light sanding with fine sand paper if need be, wash let dry, and then paint ur colour. Build up light coats of this, giving 20 minutes inbetween each coat. when your happy with the depth of colour then you give start with the clear laquor. do this while the last coat of colour is stil tacky, say after 40 mins. again build up 2-4 coats of laquor, spraying a bit thicker on then the colour paint, but not to thick as to get runs! good luck and enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts