Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

theres a nice Accord Sport in my area for sale, very good condition etc and im thinking of buying it instead of throwing loads of money into a full respray and more on the EG, but im unsure as to whether its the right sort of car for me. dont get me wrong, i do like it, drives nice etc but lets be honest its no hatchback in terms of size and handling if you get me. im simply waiting for about 1.5 years until i can get insured nicely on an ep3 or similar, so i need something reliable but still fun and modified to get me there! but im just not sure whether to stick with the EG and risk having all the work done simply to catch a bad bump and rip the bumper off, or some tw*t to key it etc and need it all doing again, or compromise the unique and headturning looks for something that is more sensible, comfortable, safer to drive, got more luxuries etc. reliability isnt really an issue in terms of mechanical things, as the EG now has a new engine in it with 68k on, so thats not going to go wrong anytime soon!

any owners of them on here? any good/bad stories or points? engine tuning etc because the vtec doesnt seem as aggressive as mine!

just general opinions and thoughts on them would be appreciated to aid my decision!!

Cheers, Sean

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
An interesting question. Could easily go both ways this one.

Personally I would stick with the Civic. Although Accords are powerful you will miss the handling the acceleration of Civics.

Can we see some photos of this Accord? More info on it?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think you know my opinion on this one mate.. Stick with the EG..

The real question is.. what colour is the EG going? :p

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive been to teh bank this afters and i can get the money so i think im gettin the Accord. i may well miss the EG, but at the end of the day its needs a ful respray and some bodywork doing, and the way its styled means that on the roads around here it could need another respray again in a few months so i might end up wasting my money!

the accord is a more sensible option, i know it might seem boring but i do like it, and its only until i can get insured on an EP3, and it hs more luxuries than the EG. its not a completely boring family car, it has been modified but not to a rediculous level, i have the best of both worlds in comfort etc but it still looks and sounds good!

thanks for the opinions everyone!!

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Well as long as you don't leave us and go join a Honda Accord forum instead :'(

Surely you'll be driving the Accord on the same roads as you would the Civic so the bad roads/paintwork bit applies to both!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i aint going anywhere!!

but no it doesnt mate, cos teh accord isnt 4cm off the ground at the front, and the paint doesnt have to be bought from BMW lol

heres the PH link to the accord - http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/485677.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the lowering springs will be gettin put on asap lol theyre needed big time!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts