Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ABS and VSA warnings light up the dash and a code read pointed to front right wheel speed sensor. I replaced the sensor to no avail and today stripped and cleaned the hub ring (curiously, smooth with no castellations), but errors come straight back on. ABS activates on the lightest of brake pressure, but this stops happening after a couple of miles or use of the brake then brake works normally.
I am wondering if there could be a problem further back in the wiring to the right front (past what I replaced) or if this can really be a sensor issue at all.
Anyone with previous experience or insight, advice most welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the actual ABS sensor? I had the same and ended up getting 3 sensors replaced.
I replaced both front sensors. I am now thinking problem is further back in the wiring (ie. from plug connect back to pump or ECU) or perhaps the pump or controller is broken. If the sensor was telling the system the wheel is locked then I would expect the ABS to cut in every time the brake is applied, but this only happens for the first few uses of the brake, then it functions normally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts