Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have had my civic for about 5 months now, its 1.8 I-Shift 2008. So basically my problem with it at the moment is that is a nightmare to drive, if you dont press the gas pedal hard, but only want to gently move it starts to jerk like a manual car on the verge of stalling, and actually if I am reversing on a hill it will usually stall if I dont press the gas really hard, but sometimes I want to reverse park in a spot and.. stalls. Anyway I have read about this software update that helps with the changing gears, mine are still very rough on change so I guess my software is not updated, but my question is.. will this software update stop this jerkiness when trying to slowly move or is that a slip clutch problem and the clutch needs to be changed?
Also when the car is warm and stationary for a few seconds the RPM will drop the car will shake and then they go up again, and it does this every 20 sec. any idea why?

thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I have had my civic for about 5 months now, its 1.8 I-Shift 2008. So basically my problem with it at the moment is that is a nightmare to drive, if you dont press the gas pedal hard, but only want to gently move it starts to jerk like a manual car on the verge of stalling, and actually if I am reversing on a hill it will usually stall if I dont press the gas really hard, but sometimes I want to reverse park in a spot and.. stalls. Anyway I have read about this software update that helps with the changing gears, mine are still very rough on change so I guess my software is not updated, but my question is.. will this software update stop this jerkiness when trying to slowly move or is that a slip clutch problem and the clutch needs to be changed?
Also when the car is warm and stationary for a few seconds the RPM will drop the car will shake and then they go up again, and it does this every 20 sec. any idea why?

thank you.
Hi,

Did you found the solution? :D

I have the same problems

1 - 2 of 2 Posts