Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a rattly joint which is gonna need replacement soon. I've found prices for joints online, but this looks like just the joint. The trouble is my trustee Haynes manual reckons the joint cannot be separated from the driveshaft and must be renewed complete. It says the inner joint is removable and a new gaiter can be slid along from the inner to outer if just the gaiter needs replacing, but the joint and shaft are complete.
Anyone done the job?

·
Registered
208 Posts
no i aint done it but my car has had it done in the past on the drivers side got a £250 bill from honda in the history.
only take advice from honda iv never had a problem with them unlike other forums iv used were sum1 with out a clue will talk shiiiite sorry thats me 2
go to honda

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
No need to go to Honda if someone here has done the job themselves. Wait a while and if someone has they will reply :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I did the job on the strength of the local motor factor supplying outer joints. They do indeed come off, contrary to Haynes, but putting them back on requires much patience as the snap ring gets snagged in between the splines and its gap. I got it all back on and working fine, only to find out the inner joint on the other side has been clicking too, but was just drowned out by the noise of the one I replaced......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts