Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
we r here to help but i dont think anybody is going to run around trying to email u or get u over msn, make the effort to come back on here n ppl might be willing to help lol

you tried something as simple as rolling your car forwards a tiny bit, it should just pop out with a bit of a pull?? or did it lock in while you were driving along??

check the gear linkages and check the fluid, if you have air in the system it can make it feel like the gearbox has gone, happened with me, i just topped up the fluid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it got stuck in 5th as i was driving.

so you just toped your tranny fluid and it popd out of 5th? because i can still move the shifter but it just wont come out of 5th

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd be willing to bet a pint that your shift support rod (the one held in by a 10mm bolt) lost is bolt and fell off. Very simple fix, the bolt and plate are about £4.50 last time I checked up on it (a while ago) and install in about 15-20 seconds.

This happened to a friend's EG while spraying 150 shot racing a Cobra. Good times, we though he destroyed his tranny too. When we saw what it really was...well... :redface:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts