Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 1.4SE. Want to change the front seats for something with a longer seat cushion to give more thigh support. Have seen a few 7th gen Type R seats on Ebay.

Will they fit and is it an easy job?

Peteo

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im not an expert on fitting car seats or bucket seats for this matter, but you need to make sure the subframes are the right size. Although having said that, you can buy 'universal' subframes for the bucket seats to sit on. And the majority of them can b modified to fit your suited vehicle. Im looking to fit bucket seats in my civic, so i think ill do a wee photo tutorial on how to fit them, when i go to do it. I rekon it wont be that hard to do though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Could have saved me an expensive mistake. The ones I have seen on ebay are definitely standard Type R seats from a 2002 model.

Think I must be deformed! I have problems with my right thigh in most cars except an old 3 series BMW I owned years ago. The Civic has a great driving position apart from this one thing.

Might have to look at an old man's cushion or something!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Any seats will fit with the right amount of cutting and hacking about. I got my Prelude ones into my EK and that wasnt exactly a straight swap :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts