Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2001 Civic Executive auto to replace an almost identical 02 one that my wife wrote off last week. Only fault is that the keyless entry doesn't work - I've tried reprogramming the fob (and the one off our old car) using the usual technique... successfully gets as far as the "cycling" click that means it's entered "reprogramming mode": after this the fobs "cycle" the system for about five seconds (pressing buttons makes the system click, but doesn't actually operate the locks), but then stop doing anything. Happens every time.

There are no issues with the central locking itself, which operates correctly from the key and the driver's door lock button. Googling suggests there may be a fault in the keyless entry module... which I could salvage from the old car before it goes off to the scrapyard this weekend. Sadly there seems to be no agreement on where this thing actually is in Euro-spec Civics, and I don't really want to smash the dash to bits even if the poor thing is about to be crushed.

I've removed the dashboard panel under the radio (the one with the cig lighter and hazard switch that the gearstick pokes through), but can't see the module in there.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it! Took the lower dash panel out (the *** lighter/hazard one), then removed the radio/heater panel above it (a pair of UNBELIEVABLY awkward 8mm bolts buried deep on either side - the guy in this video makes it look easy but they're a royal PITA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2C_ke52Ik )

At 3:06 on that video you can just see the little keyless-entry box, hidden behind a triangular aperture in the right-hand side of the bracket that holds the radio/heater unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found it! Took the lower dash panel out (the *** lighter/hazard one), then removed the radio/heater panel above it (a pair of UNBELIEVABLY awkward 8mm bolts buried deep on either side - the guy in this video makes it look easy but they're a royal PITA:
)

At 3:06 on that video you can just see the little keyless-entry box, hidden behind a triangular aperture in the right-hand side of the bracket that holds the radio/heater unit.

Does the keyless entry work now ? & with old civics how does this function is it just keyless entry ? Also the keyless entry module is the same as the Honda jazz’s module, & I think that it can also fit into the Ep3 Type R civic. Which would be a really nice addition. Does this work is it possible ? If you have no info on Type r keyless entry please tell more about the keyless entry on the executive civic. Thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found it! Took the lower dash panel out (the *** lighter/hazard one), then removed the radio/heater panel above it (a pair of UNBELIEVABLY awkward 8mm bolts buried deep on either side - the guy in this video makes it look easy but they're a royal PITA:
)

)

Wow I have that exact problem with my keyles including an old civic waiting for scrapyard. This is awesome... thanks for going back to share that keyless location Ill give the swap a shot :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts