Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but have read through quite a few discussions and everyone seems super welcoming and helpful.

I recently bought a 2004 Civic, 7th Gen 1.6l SE (I know, it's the cheap one - all I could afford).

I bought it to basically learn how to maintain and modify a car and I'm loving it so far.

I was wondering if anyone knows what the compatibility is for mods for this car? ie, will mods made for a type r or other Si shape civics fit my car (I understand this may be specific to individual mods)?

I've looked online and can find no info on this.. Even when I look on sites for aftermarket parts that search your car reg, none of them recognise my car as a 1.6 SE, if at all (usually gets recognised as a 1.7 Si).

Has anyone had this problem? Or can anyone recommend any specific parts/mods. A bit general, I know..

In the immediate future, I'd like to replace the stereo, to allow for bluetooth play back.

Also, new lowering springs or coilovers (whatever I can find that will fit) and a spoiler. Then an induction kit for those sweet pod sounds.

Later, I'll be looking at lip kits or body kits, so any info you guys have would be much appreciated.

Apologies for the generalisations above, I honestly just have no information after a lot of research - I couldn't even find a civic with the same alternator position to work from when replacing the serpentine belt yesterday.

But, again, if anyone has any info, I'd be very appreciative.

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts