Honda Civic Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Well according to that list the G= Passenger car, built in USA/Canada.

Says the alternatives are M=passenger car built in japan and L=multipurpose vehicle.

So I don't know how that fits in with the hatches. This shizzle be confusin y0!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just ordered some parts for my coupe EJ6. Got the wrong parts and told that i didn't state it was a coupe. Bascially are all EJ6's Coupes or can you get EJ6 5 doors etc?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 1998 MB 4
1.6i ES
tyres are 185 60 R14 82H on 5J alloys (standard for this model)
Pressures under 160Km/h front 32 (2.2 bar) rear 30 (2.1 bar)
Pressures over 160Km/h front 36 (2.5 bar) rear 35 (2.4 bar) now that,s what I call optomistic!!! :crazy:
towing caravan or similar front 35 (2.4 bar) rear 41 (2.8 bar)
Paint NH 614M Titan Silver

every little helps...well the wife uses it to go shopping at tesco's.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Andy said:
So 1HGEJ6

1 = USA
H = Honda
G = Vehicle type - with the hatchbacks seemingly being H

Sounds good enough to me! :D
correct, coupe chassis numbers start with a 1.

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Its perhaps worth putting up information on the ARB setups as mention on Facebook, however I worry about this being seen as a rip off from the list on CivicLife.

I'll go with info I know off the top of my head.

Front
EJ6, EJ8, EJ9 - 22mm
EK4, EM1, EK9 - 26mm

Rear
EJ6, EJ8, EJ9 - No ARB
EK4, EM1 - 15mm
EK9 - 22mm

All of the 6th gens have the chassis mounting points for an ARB, although not all of them have the right front or rear control arms for the drop links to connect to.

If you have an ARB already then you can uprade to a larger diameter bar as you'll already have the mounting points on the chassis and control arms.
To increase the diameter of the front ARB you will need the relevant D brackets which bolt the bar to the chassis and you will also need the D bracket bushes. The droplinks are the same.

If you haven't got a front ARB then its very likely your front control arms won't have the mounting points for the dropliks so you'd need new control arms as well as the above.

To add an ARB to the rear then you need to consider what size you are going up to. You can fit a EK4 or EM1 bar to the rear by getting the D brackets, bushes and drop links. You may need to get new rear LCA's so the drop links can be attached.

If you wish to install a rear ARB over 15mm, from the EK9 for example, then you will need a subframe brace as the larger diameter bar can cause subframe tear which is very expensive to fix.

Theres also a couple of sites its worth looking at for info, there are only so many times something can be written when its simply a list of facts:
http://www.ek9.org/forum/suspension/31-information-about-ek-sway-bars-useful-information.html
http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/121838-anti-roll-bar-sizes-fitment/

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thanks sean that what i needed to know, i can order my bushes now :)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts