Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a civic sport on a 54 plate and i want to upgrade the stereo, do i need a dash adapter or can i just geta normal single DIN head unit and stick it straight in?

Sorry for the lame question but i havn't even got the car yet....

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is sound that is mate, what do you do then just take the old one out and stick the new one in?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
you`ll need an ISO adapter: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-Type- ... .m14.l1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and to get the stereo out you need to put the car in 3rd, and pull out the bottom half of the gear stick surround, then open the glove box to release the clips to undo the top half of the gear surround, then push it out. Then you will see 2 bolts holding the bottom of the stereo cage to the centre console. You access one from behind the glove box (the left bolt) and the other on the right hand side of the inside of the centre console. You will need a spanner to access these. Then you just pull out the whole centre section, then undo some more bolts to remove the stereo. It`s not a quick job but not difficult

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for that mate, sounds bloody long winded...... I'll have a go when i get one. will any single DIN headunit fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts