Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here and new to the ownership of my 2009 Civic 1.8 Si. Hoping someone can help / shed some light.
- Drivers door and tailgate do not lock with the remote fob but they do with key (I have read some similar posts but none the same as my issue(s)!)
I've taken the door card off and plugged a different door lock actuator (preloved and supposedly ok) and the issue seems to be identical.
When the doors are closed, the door lights (in the roof - all of them) don't go off, they just go dim! All doors have the same effect, open any door, light is normal brightness, close it and the light just dims. Lock the car with key in the lock and the lights go off, lock with the remote fob and they stay on but dim....

Another minor issue I can live with but may be connected in some way - Mirror adjustors don't work - they have intermittently and I can't quite see any pattern to when they do and don't work but when they do work the locking still doesn't work with the fob so maybe a totally separate issue.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guess it had to come me too, been fortunate so far. Quick summary: doors won't lock. I thought it's the battery in the remote or the remote itself, parked the car. Tried again today, they unlock and lock back in rapid succession. I managed to open the door before it locked again, the lock button inside keeps switching back and forth. I closed the door, won't lock at all, when I press the remote the side yellow lights flash, sometimes once, sometimes 3 times. At one point the horn started to scream and all the lights to flash like when you press the emergency button, did not even know it has this capability.

Trust I'm not the first one to experience this, any leads? the engine will start but I cannot lock the doors hence can't leave the car unlocked

George, 2003 Coupe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts