Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have the P0135 Error code which is a fault with the Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Does anyone know the location of this sensor? I have looked everywhere and researched online but only seem to be getting tutorials and images of 1.8L engines and american variants which are completely different to the European Civics.

I have a feeling this sensor is located behind the engine which will be a pain to get to as the bonnet is small so half the engine and transmission are beneath the dashboard area.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not Honda specific, but, the two most common oxygen sensors are (1) MAF sensor. This is measuring air density temperature and volume sometimes by heated resistor wire at others by electro mechanical means. It will usually be somewhere between the air filter and inlet manifold. (2) Lambda sensor. That's in the exhaust system and measuring the level of fuel burn. The amount of oxygen that passes over it determines the resistance and Lambda level.

It maybe worthwhile doing a reverse lookup? Researchng what the fault codes are for both the MAF and Lambda sensors?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts