Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ive just purchased a 2007 honda civic 2.2 i-ctdi and found it has a knocking noise coming from the n/s/f axle when go over bumps, also slight noise when rocking the steering wheel. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am having a similar knocking noise which as I am led to believe is caused by the steering rack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I am having a similar knocking noise which as I am led to believe is caused by the steering rack.
I was told that the noise was from either the suspension arm joints or the front drop links as this is meant to be a common fault with the civics. I am receiving these today so as soon as I can im fitting them and hoping this stops the knocking noise

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told that the noise was from either the suspension arm joints or the front drop links as this is meant to be a common fault with the civics. I am receiving these today so as soon as I can im fitting them and hoping this stops the knocking noise
Let us know what the outcome is and if that fixes it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a update on noise, i changed both anti roll bar drop links yesterday and took it for a test drive and found the noise from the n/s/f was gone but there is a knocking noise from underneath which i think could be the suspension arm or the exhaust mounts. Will keep you up date once ive done more work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts