Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,

1) A few seconds after driving off (from having just started the engine, not in traffic) I hear a sound from down below up front. It happens a few seconds after moving off, regardless of how long the engine was running, and happens every time. I can't describe it but it makes me think of a stepper motor driving an HVAC flap. Does it automatically select recirc for any reason (like, for example, some VWs do when reverse is selected)?

2) With D selected, decelerating, just about stopped, there is a click audible from the shift selector area like a relay or switch. With my finger resting on the lever I can feel it. As I move off, when it reaches approx walking pace, there's another click. This only happens in D, not R or any other fwd modes.

3) Stationary, air con engaged, the radiator fan cycles on and off with consistent frequency. Today it was 7 seconds running, 15 seconds not, which repeats indefinitely (ok, for as long as I'm at the lights). At the next stop, it was 9 seconds running, 16 seconds off, again repeating with great regularity. So is it on a timer, based on conditions, or is it cycling based on an engine temp parameter, and it just seems highly regular because the temp hasn't changed much while I'm sat at the light?

4) This is a stock 1.6i. One of the things several reviews mentioned was the excessive road noise, with which I agree. At approx. 60 mph and beyond, there is an almost imperceptible low drone which I think is wheel speed related and I wondered whether this was due to low tread on the front tyres. Yes I could just get some new tyres but thats an expensive experiment when there's a couple of thousand miles left on these.

A smooth surface is needed, a coarse surface texture will drown it out, and there's no change in the sound whether straight or turning, or when N is selected. I can't decide whether or not I can actually feel as well as hear it.

It reminds me of symptoms I've had in previous cars which turned out to be physical tyre defects (sidewall bulge, a piece of tread split etc.). Of course I've taken each wheel off and scrutinised tyres, and used a IR thermometer on the tyres, hubs, discs, UJs, hubs etc. No temperature imbalance.

Looking forward to being enlightened - Many Thanks - musang

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best LIC Policy in Delhi | ULIP Plan | New Money Back Plan

Onlinelicpolicy.in is an online platform which is specially formed to provide knowledge and services to those individuals who want to take LIC policy or who are already policyholder. We provide whole information of all LIC products along with information related to premium, pension, and maturity of LIC plans and also provide all type of services like Death claim settlement, Maturity Settlement, Policy transfer, Revival or Loan or Surrender of policy and many more.

for more detail:-http://onlinelicpolicy.in/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts