Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I've been having some trouble with my car not starting when the engine is warm.
It started a couple of months ago, when the engine is cold it starts 1st time but whenever its been warmed up and shut off for a few minutes the engine turns over but will not start.
Fuel filter was changed about 6 months ago - no signs of leaks or loose hoses
If you squeeze the bulb for filling the fuel filter a few times until there the pressure is built up it starts up ok
If its been cranked over for too long engine malfunction and glowplug light stay on

Any advice would be most welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
when you turn the ignition follow these steps

turn to point 2 and wait 5 seconds for the fuel pump to pressurise (and glow plugs to warm)
crank and see if it starts well

Go to halfords and get a free battery check, you are not obliged to pay/buy a battery afterwards.

does it run fine when its going?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply
I have tried leaving the ignition on for a few seconds for the pump to pressurise the system but to no avail, but saying that I cant hear the whirring of a pump, I cannot remember if it made much of a noise before the trouble started.
I'm starting to get the impression that it may be a non return valve not working properly and letting the fuel drain away.
I dont think its battery related as the car often sits for weeks on end and starts 1st turn of the key.
I've put the car into the garage to get a diagnostics check done anyway, I'll post the findings

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
u might not hear a whirr, most diesels are high pressure and pumps that are high pressure tend to be quieter.

hope its sorted cheaply enough!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi From what you posted here I was having the same trouble but is now fixed as I took out the main relay after disconecting the battery to be safe, resoldered the joints that were soldered just to repair if there was a dry jont on one of the soldered joints.
The trouble's that I was having with my car (Civic LSI 1992) have not come back. I was so close to just have the car towed away now have faith in my car again.

craigiebk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts