Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just found this forum - have been racing my Civic for years. It has a 1600 Type R JDM top end and an Integra bottom end. I won the Welsh Championship in it in 2003 and 2004, but as I am getting very old (well 52) now I may not race it much any more, but am keen to do track days in it. I just took the car to a friend of mione and it is being wrapped matt black right now (it was my daughters' idea!) I'll post pics when it comes back.

Any track days coming up?
Regards
Rhodri[attachment=0:3u8prjb2]pembrey lead.jpg[/attachment:3u8prjb2]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum, matt black sounds good to me and you make me feel better.... not many older than me on here lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome :) Good to see someone using their car properly!

Where are you from in Wales? I live in South Wales and will be looking to do a lot of track days this year in my CRX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edd said:
rblvjenkins said:
I'm from Swansea.
I am in Abergavenny so not far away! Do you drive your car on the roads at all?
No - it's track only. The suspension is full Mugen race and it would be extremely uncomfortable on the road, Also, it only has 1 seat!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Mine should be on the track only really lol I drove over a leaf the other day and it felt like I hit a badger!

You can't drive them properly on the roads either though because a lot of the road surfaces just aren't up to it.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I've got a mate who builds dragsters, he was showing me a Mustang door the other day that they had stripped 6kgs out of and then reinforced with 5mm steel rod in like a spiders web, compared to the other one it's amazing what you can loose and still keep the shape and rigidity ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car going to TDi North shortly for

AEM long ram induction kit
AEM Hydro shield
Fuel pressure regulator
Hondata S300 and conversion ECU
Skunk2 manifold and throttle body
Hondata heatshield gasket
+ Dyno tuning

I will have a Mugen ECU left over if anyone is interested (see pic). I need to change this to a new Hondata one as I can't change the Mugen settings, and I need be able to make changes to tune the engine (to perfection!), given the top end of my engine is a 1600 JDM Civic Type R and the bottom end is now an Integra 1800 (from Mardi Gras)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the car now, racing on slicks in the wet at Pembrey in August. Out at Pembrey again on Oct 14th...

[youtube:2pnke4l7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WodRvSwu3s[/youtube:2pnke4l7]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts