Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Never been on here before but need some help if anyone is able to,

I currently have a 1997 r reg EJ9 civic with a D14A4 engine, I need to get a replacment engine for it and have got the choice of either picking up the same D14A4 engine somewhere or putting a bigger engine in there, and thats my problem i really not sure what i can put it up to easily, So if anyone could suggest a new engine code which i could look at swapping to that would be great, If anyone needs anymore infomation just gimme a shout. Thanks guys. Ill post some photos of my car later when i can get hold of them.

·
Registered
770 Posts
well the easiest swap with more power is a d16z6 from the 92-95 eg5 civic.

as this engine is OBD-1 and your is OBD-2 you will need the engine loom aswel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate, So would i need to change anything else or buy anything else if i was to get the d16z6 and a engine loom. Should it be a reasonable swap

·
Registered
770 Posts
the only things you should need are the engine, tranny, intake manifold with throttle body and sensors, exhaust manifold with lambda sensor, engine loom and P28 ECU.

your also need a OBD-2 to OBD-1 ecu conversion harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there, thanks again, Just wondered what sort of money you think i should be looking at also do you know of any good places i can get all this from ?

·
Registered
770 Posts
well your be able to get all the nessercary parts from a scrap yard.

you need to research about the ECU, loom and harnesses more as this bit im not to sure how the swap goes.

but the engine, tranny, drive shafts will mount straight in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts