Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after weeks of searching I have found myself the ideal bargain!! :)

I've bought a 95 EG3, its an N reg with 65000 on the clock and a 60000 engine, all the bodywork is tip top, no rust in sight ANYWHERE and it is fully MOT prepped bar a new windscreen and new N/S sidelight which are needed to pass.

I will update with pictures tonight. 8-|

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean, I've been searching for agesss for a little minter.

Picked up my 93 Prelude seats today and also a sidelight I needed for the MOT. New steering wheel, boss and new door lock arriving tomorrow.

Next on the cards is a new windscreen, MOT, wheel refurb and maybe a full respray if the moneys there.

Pics soon, got some today, just need to find my damn USB cable. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well as promised, photos or photo should I say, taken when it was getting dark and raining so only one really turned out but you get the idea.

[attachment=1:r0mukplp]eg3rear.jpg[/attachment:r0mukplp]

List of things to do by end of october:

Order and fit new steering wheel (ORDERED)
Fit '93 Prelude seats
Order and fit JDM cup holders and tidy up interior plastics (ORDERED)
New windscreen (BOOKED)
MOT (BOOKED)
Tax
Order and fit JDM amber sidelights (ORDERED)
Order and spray/fit front and rear splitters and skirts (ORDERED SPLITTERS)
Spray the new panels to match body of the car
Colour code bumb strips, mirrors etc
Wheel refurb
New exhaust system

That little lot should keep me busy, I've decided that I'm going to photograph everything as I go along so I can have a record of how it was to where I want it to be.

QUICK UPDATE 02/09/08

Got home from work today and the first of my new toys has arrived, the new temp wheel and boss kit. Bringing the Civic home tomorrow night to fit the 'Lude seats and start primering the body parts that need spraying.

Anyway, quick pic for you all, the new wheel and boss.

[attachment=0:r0mukplp]toys.jpg[/attachment:r0mukplp]

Cheers for looking, comments welcome as always! 8-|

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Looks good how much did the car cost you?

Alec you lazy bugger you have had that wheel since Japfest! Get those coilovers on as well its only like a 30-40 min job with the top hats and all already on!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the comments Alec and Edd, the wheel is just temporary as the previous owner deviated with his one!

It cost me all of £200! 8-|

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, bit of an update, I've been busy ordering parts for my EG and waiting for things to arrive. So far my front and rear splitters have turned up so they need to be fitted and sprayed, my 'Lude seats are now in and look way better than the standard grey ones, my JDM cup holder arrived today after 12 days of waiting from the States so that'll be fitted tonight along with the new In-Car media centre headunit I bought from someone on here, also I've started the cosmetic side of things, getting rid of what very little rust I could find and getting the bodywork primered ready for paint. 8-|

I missed out on a bargain at the weekend though, two complete doors with doorcards etc and a full exhaust system for £100 the lot, planned to go down Saturday to collect it all but got mega let down by a so called mate who had offered his services but oh well.

Also, the crappy 1.3 Marlin engine has died, just won't turn over anymore, I suspect a dodgy starter motor or plugs but instead of trying to sort it I figured it was maybe time to move my plans up a notch and find myself a D16 and last night, Kingy came to my rescue offering everything I was looking for and at a very reasonable price AND he's even keeping it until I can pay at the end of the month, what a dude! :D

Anyways, thats how far I am at the minute, whilst the car is off the road having the bodywork sorted I'm also having my EK4 alloys refurbed so I will update with pictures once I'm home from work!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Damb, I wouldn't be pleased with my mate if he did that to me!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well well well, long time no speak, anyone miss me?! lol

Well, long story short, I havent been around for a while due a few personal issues and things, blah blah blah, but I'm back to it now with a new project.

I've decided that the money and time I'm putting into this just isn't working at the moment so I've decided to strip 'er down and sell my bits and instead I have just purchased a '53 plate Civic Type R, picking it up on Thursday. :twisted:

Will get some pics up asap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts