Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new project its a 1985 honda civic sport.
It needs a new drivers sill but apart from that its in pretty good condition.

originally bought it as a non runner because it had no carb its now running a carb and dizzy from a honda ballade which was a night mare to setup but i got the ballade engine for free so i couldnt argue lol

This is it with the new carb fitted

Ive only had it a couple of weeks so havnt really done much too it yet im just gathering parts at the moment and gradually cleaning it up and respraying parts like my wiper arms
before

after

Also replaced most of the ingnition setup as its not been run for 3 years

Hope fully il be getting my sill done in the next couple of weeks and then hopefully onto getting a few performance parts and changing the looks a little

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i will do, want to get the sill fixed before i do anymore work on it but ive got plenty of parts waiting to go on it for when its ready

Edit:

Its booked in for welding on monday so spent most of my looking around for anything that needs welding.
Inside drivers door

Drivers sill (worst of the 2)

Also stripped all of the interior out ready as im ging to get both sills replaced

Found a bit more rust in the floor

Hopefully it will all be sorted by next week

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks took it in for the welding this morning instead of monday, got shed loads of parts through the post aswell to go on when i get it back :D

Edit:

Welding has all been done has had both sills replaced and rebuilt.
Just sprayed over with oxide red for now until i can afford to get it sprayed properly but it doesnt stand out too bad.

Also needed welding in all 4 corners or the floor pan
front passenger side

back passenger side

front drivers side

back drivers side

Edit:

So theres not a lot of progress but there is some.
I was having trouble with the engine and I have a spare engine sat in my mates garage so i decided to change it so i can put my time in to other areas of the car like suspension.
So ive got the old engine out

It took about an hour and a half to get out.
I was going to stick it back in on the same day but i thought id get a new clutch for it and while its out give the engine bay a good scrub down and respray some bits and pieces.
Im going to use this engine to strip down and get a bit more of power out of it and stick it back in later on in the year.

Edit:

I have new set of wheels for the car they came off an imported mazda mx5.
This is them just after i got them

Ive since resprayed the centres silver because the laquer was peeling all over the place and polished the lips.

Its hard to tell much difference in the pics but im really pleased at how they have turned out

Edit:

Got some new stuff in the post this morning, i bought them about 3 months ago and had almost forgot i had even bought them
Coilovers

Custom shock bushes 'there rock solid' not sure if i should use them on the road yet

Aluminum rear drums

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is so cool! Gonna look just right when it has those 5 spokes on it ;) Seen this? - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1111081.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I think I've seen it in Banzai Japanese car magazine as well wen it went into a Jap car show this summer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is a lethal looking car, well done to you sir! :D Some transformation from before, any engine mods in the works, B16 etc? ...
Anyway love the car boss!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts