Honda Civic Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bob,

Fobbed me off with a refill. I am going to give them a call next week. I wrote to Honda and they were next to useless.

Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello Jason,

Don't let them fob you off, did you pay less than anyone else did for the car, if not then why are you being treated differently to other folks ?

Talk to your local media, then do as previously advised, park it up in front of the Dealership with Placards all over it...

Bob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 67 plate Civic, had a AC regas Summer 2020 and now behold the AC has stopped working. The Honda garage have confirmed today it’s the condenser and will cost me £600 to replace inc labour, oh yes and they will include a regas in that figure as no doubt it’s all leaked out by now. I loved my Civic, however, in the past 6 months (now out of warranty!) I’ve had to replace the display screen and battery. Having had the car from brand new I am rapidly falling out of love with it. Honda have so far refused to offer any goodwill.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hello Jules,

I guess it's up to you, they want you to walk away quietly, that's not the way to enforce YOUR RIGHTS, the AC units are a KNOWN problem, WORLDWIDE, so the warranty as such doesn't come into it, it was known to be faulty by Honda UK and Honda EVERYWHERE long before your unit failed. The warranty is one thing, expectation of serviceability and reasonable life expectancy is another.

If I were you I would make up some placards, park right in front of the Dealership, lift the bonnet up, stick a HUGE PLACARD under the bonnet, with something like
DON'T RELY ON
HONDA'S WARRANTY

Make a scene of it, and when they come out to ask you what you're up to, tell them you are waiting for the local paper and one of the National newspapers to turn up, it's EASY to get the local media to do a story, they are BEGGING for a story that they have to find EVERY DAY.

Don't walk away quietly, that's what they want you to do, make a fuss, they WILL BACK DOWN, do you think they want prospective buyers to see you marching up and down with a placard, or two, or three on the car. If you need ANY advice on how to go about it, send me a PM, if we can do that in here ?

Bob.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Jules,

I guess it's up to you, they want you to walk away quietly, that's not the way to enforce YOUR RIGHTS, the AC units are a KNOWN problem, WORLDWIDE, so the warranty as such doesn't come into it, it was known to be faulty by Honda UK and Honda EVERYWHERE long before your unit failed. The warranty is one thing, expectation of serviceability and reasonable life expectancy is another.

If I were you I would make up some placards, park right in front of the Dealership, lift the bonnet up, stick a HUGE PLACARD under the bonnet, with something like
DON'T RELY ON
HONDA'S WARRANTY

Make a scene of it, and when they come out to ask you what you're up to, tell them you are waiting for the local paper and one of the National newspapers to turn up, it's EASY to get the local media to do a story, they are BEGGING for a story that they have to find EVERY DAY.

Don't walk away quietly, that's what they want you to do, make a fuss, they WILL BACK DOWN, do you think they want prospective buyers to see you marching up and down with a placard, or two, or three on the car. If you need ANY advice on how to go about it, send me a PM, if we can do that in here ?

Bob.
Hello all,

After my re-gas last year, as in my post above it has failed again. Dealer has confirmed the condenser is faulty. I told them there is a quality issue with the part and it should be a warranty repair, the guy was quite tidy this time and said they has had a few failures. I also told them I was not happy last year with just re-gassing it without any real investigation to what was causing the leakage. I'm booked in for it to be changed under warranty on the 26th of April. I am going to attempt to reclaim the £65 re-gassing fee after it is fixed.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts