Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the air con on my 68 plate Civic has packed in, the dealer told me "it was probably damaged by a stone on the road".

I'm a retired guy, I do maybe 2,500 miles a year, and I've always been a careful driver and always looked after my cars.
After asking around and doing a bit of Googling it seems that there's a known problem with the AC on the Civics.

Anyone know if this problem occurs in the UK versions ?

Bob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the hope that this might help someone, the local Honda Dealership "changed their mind" when I told them the problem with the air con was a known fault, world wide,,,

Bob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep I am currently experiencing the same problem. I bought my Honda Civic 2018 on May 2019, air con was not working when I purchased the car dealer eventually agreed to fix under warranty. But I am now experiencing the same problem again. My car is booked into Honda for the second time. We will see if it is fixed properly this time. I won't hold my breath:mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't let them fob you off, chances are they'll try to, but this AC problem is world wide, and as mentioned above is subject to a Class Action law suit in the UK, but what affected the cars there affected Civics GLOBALLY, Let me know how you get on. The Dealers will try to "refer" you to Honda UK, if you fall for that you'll get nowhere, the best thing to do is to INSIST that the Dealer sorts the KNOWN problem out under the warranty, if they drag their heels tell them you will take your concerns to the local newspaper, they are always looking for a story, just make it news worthy, turn up outside the dealership with a placard, that will shake them out of the tree, that's what I threatened them with, and believe me that's what I would have done...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts