Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all would love to know how close a vti engine (b18c4) is to a si integra (b18c)? would love to own an si but these cars seem to fetch nearly as much as a type r and just cant afford one (need a new job lol). vti is more in my price range as there are lots about but is it just the looks of the cars that are differant or are there massive differances?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah had hatch back model and that was quick as fcuk!! all i did to it was put full ss exhaust and air induction kit on and all hell broke loose!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have the VTi and its rapid, when i hit 5500k not much keeps up. As far as i know the b18c4 is a watered down version of the Teg Type R. Im not sure about the SI, what power output does it produce? I'd asume if its circular 170 then is probs on par or a bit quicker than the mb6.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
From the fly.

I want to get a DC2 when I'm a bit older so I can afford to insure one! Ain't worked out how I'm going to insure the CRX with the H22 in it yet... going on 300 bhp a tonne they are just going to laugh at me :(

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
BTW the DC2s are worth every penny you pay. IMO they blow every other type r out of the water. People rant on about how good they are, thing is they really are THAT good!

There was a red one down at Japfest when we were there only mods he had were semi slicks and a cage and he was blowing more or less everything out of the water! If you get a DC2 though don't mod it thats sacrilege they are best left 100% standard, Honda built them to be amazing as they are. Likelihood is if you mod it and don't really know what you are doing you will make it worse!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts