Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my sound system fitted tomorrow wooo. I got 2x 12" JBL 1202D subs and a JBL 1201.1 Amp with alpine 6 x 9 speakers and 200w front door speakers.

Next I'm gonna get my EK9 black grill, then probably lights and window tints, spoiler and then coil overs :) I'll keep you guys updated here!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Nice set up mate. JBL are a good brand so you know your always safe there..

get the coilovers and tints before the rest of the other mods.. I wish i had done it that way lol..
Other mods are pointless unless you do the basics first.. ive learned that now :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought the car yeah, I actually paid £1000 for the car. It has a Clifford Intellistart 4 with remote start. 16" Alloys and low profile tyres. Side skirts, CD player but crappy sony explode one LOL. Alpine 6x9 come with it and they are reallyyy nice. Front door speakers were 2 different ones LOL, i replaced them. The car kept idling high when I got it, I got that fixed, the alarm system kept turning the car off cos one of the immobilizers were gone. I fixed that, gave it a service and so far it's nice :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sounds ok mate fair play.. i wanna get me one of them alarms..
ive spent too much on the car now to just have it robbed..

Get some pics of the car up mate :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Just ordered my EK9 grill, can't wait for that to come! Only thing is, If I replace the front bumper it's gonna come with a grill aint it lol May aswell chuck the grill on for now anyway.

Need new lights, any suggestions? I dunno if I want halo lights, they are too in your face and common. Dunno bout tail lights either. I'm gonna get smoked indicator lights too.

Any ideas on rims too, cos I just can't make my mind up :p shall I put 18's on or 17's? I will lower the car aswell so maybe 17's will be better.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Madness said:
Need new lights, any suggestions? I dunno if I want halo lights, they are too in your face and common. Dunno bout tail lights either. I'm gonna get smoked indicator lights too.
I thought that, but my halos were seriously one of the best things I ever bought for my car, and the halo part looks awesome. I drove with them at night for the first time at 04:00 this morning, and they lit up the road so much better than before!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i think ek9 lights look good. i'm tempted to get some for mine but would be took dark on a yellow car.

the tail lights on yours you could smoke but i'd try and find some that are either a dark red all over or something that doesnt stand out against the black. theres plenty of options out there.

17"s as you wont have any comfort at all with the really low profile tyres. plus civics always handle better with smaller rims, you only see cars with big ones to get big brakes underneath!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend just got his halo lights. I guess I'll get them too then! Once I got a body kit I think it will look real nice with the halo's anyway.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grill has been fitted, here's a couple of photos:

I took installation pics and I'll be posting a tutorial on how to install these yourself shortly. It's sooo easy took like 15 min first time. Anyway what you guys think till I get my body kit?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Ah looks good mate. No issues with my instructions I trust ;)

Yeah if you could post a DIY that would be great!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts