Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've owned a 1.3 civic for about a year now and am getting bored with it. I know there's not really anything you can do to make it noticeable quicker so i think my best option would be to buy a 1.6 civic. However i read through these forums and see things like D16, EK, EG, vti, lsi and esi civics etc etc. Please could someone explain what the differences are? which is best?
I've seen a 1.6 ESI with 11months mot 65k on the clock for £875, does this sound reasonable? What kind of power and 0-60 time would this have as standard?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
1.6 ESi about 120bhp probably, just under 10 seconds 0 - 60 standard, if your lucky, don't know about price though... what year?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
They are 130BHP SOHC VTECs, not bad price for that one concidering its tidy. I was looking for one of these a few months ago and couldn't find a tidy one for less than 1500 quid!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a 1993 in really good condition but its been sold :( I thought it would be quicker than just under ten!?
But i here they are good basis for modification though right? Can they have a turbo fitted with good results?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes they can be turbo'd you can take them to around 220 bhp before they go bang. You can easily make 200bhp reliably on stock internals.

there is a 750ish WHP D16 in the USA but then that has had extensive work done on it :lol:

·
Registered
770 Posts
im currently in the process of turbo'ing my D16Z6 (keep an eye out in the project section lads) and im going to run 210whp/235bhp.

are you on about the civic that makes 735whp edd? fucking incredible on a SOHC.
http://turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t ... &start=340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

turbo'ing is all in the tune, crap tune and say goodbye.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Quote: And the numbers are in we made 735whp and [email protected] revving to 10k... we made 30psi of boost at 6,500 so not a bad turbo

Certainly a bit of a beast.

I thought you were going for a bit more power than 235bhp Clinchy?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Me and EGSean both have 93 ESi's mate and speaking for myself they're awesome!! I love mine. If you click on my link you'll see what an EG ESi is haha

An EG model is between 92 - 95 which look like mine, the EK I believe was between 96 - 99 maybe even 2000 which look like this...

D16 is simply the engine code for example, my engine is a D16Z6 engine which is a SOHC VTEC engine, however the VTI uses a B16 engine which is DOHC VTEC engine (VERY tuneable BTW), you'll probably find that a VTi is a bit more expensive on insurance than a ESi or LSi.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have owned both a esi and vti, the esi was a nice car, i loved it, but after upgrading to the vti i wouldn't look back, b series is FAR beeter than d, more torque, and the vtec is so much better! if you can afford insurance for an esi you could afford the vti, its the better buy!

·
Registered
770 Posts
depends what you want from a car.

if you want N/A then its a B, but if your going to boost might aswel have a D.

seeming how a D is far cheaper to buy and mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts