Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my civic coupe 1.5 non vtec keeps boiling over, it doesnt overheat it just throws out what evers in the expansion bottle and then pulls the rest out of the rad over a drive to or from work, i did the head gasket in the summer for the same problem and it was ok untill a 40 mile motoway drive last week, anyway im asuming there may be a problem with the head?? poss cracked or sumthin, sooo im wondering can i convert to vtec by using the vtec head and loom? anyone done this or know if its possible? thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: 1.5 none VTEC to VTEC

Yes mate the head from D16Z6 or D16Y8 will fit on your block. You will need also ECU, distributor, different timing belt and some wiring for the VTEC

·
Registered
68 Posts

You can use your inlet manifold it will fit the vtec head but if you find one from D16Z6 or D16Y8 it will be better.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I had a simular problem a while back with my b16a2, i'm assuming the water in the expansion tank is bubbling? there was a rubber ring gasket in my case that was causing pressure to get into my cooling system, i wounld't run the car to much like this though as it can get worse and warp the head. i don't know how much it is for your engine but it cost me £700 to fix as i left it like it for to long, needed the head skimmed etc etc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yeh its my expansion tank boiling over, which ruuber ring gasket ?

·
Registered
18 Posts

i don't actually know mate, i can't remember it was a while back now, just a thought that it could be that. you'd have to investigate it more, i'd do a compression test see if it's leaking and which cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts