Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyyy ! i just got a beauty of a 1.3Dx, its my first car, i want to do it JDM overtime. Pics will be up soon. and soo will the progression stages :mrgreen:

hope ull enjoy as she needs......
Respray (Championship White)
wipers/motors
alloys (VTI fat fives)
amber indicators
50/50 rear lights
type-r front splitter/Rear
spoon spoiler
performance exhaust (not sure what type, heads up on any decent ones please :mrgreen: )
4-2-1 manifold
AEM V2 intuction Kit
Rota Slipstreams 15" Flat Black
toyo proxi t1's
type-r steering wheel
Vti interior
D2 Coilovers
Camber Arms
Control Arms

Daunting list for me, help throughout would be greatly appreciated. thanks all

·
Registered
822 Posts
sounds like a good project mate, going for similar things as me, just im going to do it all ''ghetto'' therefore meaning cheap as possible lol

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i was looking at one of them manifolds, and exhaust systems off ebay, i thought they looked abit Cheeaaap Cheeeeap (as the buggy goes) and thanks skinny that just made up my mind, could anyone post up a few websites with good honda parts, i haave got one *honda-r.com* thanks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right, problems, i think the project might be cancelled, unless i can find a front right side wing, got a LSI wing but it dont fit my DX, for that was 50 quid of paint down the shitta. any ideas anyone, and i am not able to upload pics for sum reason, for you guys to see, (I have lost faith in the poor thing)

·
Registered
822 Posts
what happened? was the LSI wing.. was it of a 4 door? as they dont fit the 3 door, different shape slightly.
dont ever give up mate, its the reason we love cars, we love to hate them some times, because it make the times when they work fine that much better.

use photobucket.com to upload your images mate.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i waited for like 5 weeks for a wing to get painted, and well it dont fit sooo i was abit pissed tbh, i got the wing with the car...and the lad said it was off a LSI, but its like 1.5" off, guessing this was a 4door, so you say a 3door LSI hatch wing would fit. or i could get the old panel rebeat, but i really carnt afford it atm, yea i should know better tbh, i am a mechanic. just i have lost all patiance. i have soooo much to do to get it on the road, and i have like 2 days a week to do as much as i can, i really need help to get back on track....thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
well dont make rash decisions mate, give it all time to calm down. yeah any 3 door hatch part will fit, and just rebeat it with a hammer, as a part time solution and it will do the job until you want to buy another one.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the taty one is the old one. the one with the indicator is the new one, and its the passernger front wing. :mrgreen: sorry its abit of a dog tbh but yanoo how it goes

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right orderd wind deflectors, amber indicators, and red honda emblems. i rekon this its back on... cheers elid

·
Registered
822 Posts
no worries mate. looks like your going to be very happy on monday when the parts arrive lol
keep us updated, its great to see another DX getting justice,
by the way, your DX is a very rare version, twin carb, very good find mate

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is my girlfriends old eg , Its a great little car and id advise anybody with a dx to swap to twin carbs, cost be about £15 for the full carb setup from the scrappy and took about an hour to do, and the difference is unbelievable.
Im really sorry about the wing mate, got it out of my mates garage and neither of us has ever had a 4 door so i assumed it was for a hatch.
Ive got three eg' s at the moment that i am breaking so if you need anything let me know and il do you a good deal to make up for the wing, should have a few performance parts like adjustable cam gears and 4-2-1 manifold aswell

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea hopefully might be selling the old wing, errmmm yea ill have to check it out ash, it ok bout the you can make it up with a top deal... ;) yea ill have a look at some performance parts. giving the car A FULL service, oil, air, fuel fiters, oil, 5 star petrol, and the rubber seals on the carbs conversion need changing, some new pipes, and a flipping good clean in the engine, was guna think of ripping that engine to bits, and giving it a little tune up, port polish and all, grind the cylinders, but yanoo........... TIME! ill keep posting pics of changes, and i should have sus soon so its going 40mm or so, and guna transform this DX ash, thanks for the sale.... :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
yeah those rubber seals have needed changing for a while, it ok because they still seal but worth changing them at some point.
Theres 2 4th grn civics up at greggies scrap yard with twin carbs on them, it may be worth taking the whole carb conversion as a spare as he only wants £15 and they should have support brackets to hold the carbs a bit steadier so the seals dont crack again, the one i got them off was missing the support bracket

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right i am off up there sometime this week then, ash if you have time like would you fancy giving us a hand removing them mabye as you know a little how too, thanks.....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts