Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting on behalf of my gf whos just bought a 05 civic sport , i belive its a 1.6 and hopefulyl im right in saying its 110 bhp.

But that needs improving obviously induction manifold decat but what else would be good im a pug boy so dont know anything about hondas so any advice would be helpfull and a good place to buy from would be handy

unless its generally the same as most cars cams bodies remap etc...

cheers

·
Registered
668 Posts
im trying to do mine up mate....but from what iv bin told ur not gonna get much more out of the sport. maybe like 15 bhp max...so i believe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah well that sucks sure a full ss cams n map will bring up the numbers maybe even some tbhs?

·
Registered
668 Posts
probs if u got down the to real deep parts of the engine it might bring it up a little. im the wrong person to tell you all details, someone else will no doubt have loads to say for ya 8-|

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont see why its so hard to increase power ? my gti is only 120 bhp standard also a 1.6 full ss and decat gave an additional 13bhp and that blows the civic out the water :S , but looks like shes thinking of selling it now anyways shes bored of it already lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shes decided to sell the civic now so take a gander in for sale if you like

·
Registered
680 Posts
Next time research the car properly before buying. Saves wasting cash and selling it when you realise its not the car you wanted.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh i wasnt with her when she bought it lol if i had a say in the matter it would have been a lot different lol its a nice car but its just too new needs something we can play with and i know shes dieing to look at cbr600's aswell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its a Single Over head Cam, unlike the Typre R...So Turbo'ing is Simple.
Remapping it with the Turbo, fast road Cams, an exhaust system is all that ive had done.
Cost of Turbo'ing these i payed £1400, Fully fitted with a refurbished bull-bearing turbo from an old Volvo which i believe the Turbo to be a T3 the same one used in Mistubishi Evo's.
Im puting down [email protected] n about [email protected] revs...
Only upgraded the Breaks to the Ep3 type R's...
Meaning, its Faster then a Type R, more towards the Honda Accord Type R.
0-120mph its faster, but only having standard gear box, when your at 140mph+ your reving ar around 10k...

So Fact says, the Honda 1.6 Sport isnt a bad car to Modify, Just depends on how you go about having ot done.

Orrrrr, as its the same Engine as the Vteci which is 160bhp just different Ecu settings, have it Mapped the same as that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
D17 is a 1.7, the difference between the i-vtec n the Vtec is that the I-vtec has Twin cams...Engine is the same.
Plus the Cams are Uprated in the I-vtec using the same Cams as the Ep3 K20a3...Anyways back onto the Sport, its well worth Tuning, if done Correct.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts