Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post here so i hope i'm putting this in the right place! We have an 05 Civic Sport which has done about 38,500 miles. The dealer has written to us claiming the cambelt is due to be changed, however most other car's i've owned don't need this until at least 60K, are they right, or are they just trying it on?!

Cheers

James

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
its a certain amount of years (normally 3 or 5) and about 60k. whichever comes 1st
probably think its done that amount of miles but you've only done 38 sooo i would leave it

mine had it changed at 10 years but only 50k
did it precautionary as there was no proof that it had been done

·
Registered
351 Posts
mine was changed at 99k after 10 years and at 159000 (in sevice book) but i have been told of a mates fiat needing it at every 20k
it depends on the rubber used for the part whenever it gets done. (it should do a min of 60k but you never know) make sure its a honda belt and not from a halfords or motorfactors .
You could ask another honda dealer when it should be done but dont tell them your milliage

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi should be at 75k or 8 years dealer will charge you £200 all in to change the belt

·
Registered
19 Posts
ye agree its a good price dictated by the honda happiness scheme which is nationwide. gen parts and factory techs you cant go wrong

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
exactly. i want some jazz washer jets but got quoted 8.50 each. whoahhhhh! think im going to have to try and find some other black ones, or i might have to get LEDs LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts