Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong place but I am new to this internet problem sharing and this website.

I own an 04 plate Civic 1.7 CTDI. It has 41,000 miles on it and is a beautiful piece of machinery, and I know it has an Isuzo engine. Problem is when I drive it with a bit of umpf (over say 3.5 to 4 thousand revs) in any gear the engine loses power all of a sudden and will not go over 2000 revs. I then pull over, turn off the engine, remove the key, hear a click noise from what seems to be behind the glove box and restart the engine. The car then runs beautifully again and I have full power back....until I boot it again of course. Throughout all this lot there is no smoking from the engine and it runs minter. Talk about my head being in bits. I have had the diagnostic on it at Honda, no joy. There are no warning lights on the dash and performance whilst no loss of power is awesome for a 1.7 d engine.

Can anyone help me find out what is wrong with this problem? Please tell me the car isn't done for because I love it. Cheers, Steve.
P.S. Because I'm new to the site I'm not sure if you can see my email address so post underneath and I'll give it you.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts