Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been on a bit of a drive today, 'bout an hour and a half or so then all of a sudden I hear a squeeking/squeeling noise.

The noise sounds like it's coming from the front drivers side wheel. It's not a constant noise, mainly there when doing easy right turns - heavy right turns don't squeek as much if at all.

The clutch squeeks slightly when pressed, too, but I can only really hear that when the car is stationary and the engine is off, doubt it has anything to do with the wheel, but who knows - I certainly don't!

Any ideas?

Edit:

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
having the same problem on my 03 civic sport, mines on the passenger side front wheel. Seems to come and go, mainly does it in wet weather but as its been dry alot lately i havent heard it for a while. Does it when traveling 10-20mph with wheel slightly to right and will randomly do the odd squeak when manuovering to park.
So i wouldnt mind some help aswell?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be getting a little worse, but that's probably got a lot to do with me driving with the window op[en a lot lately... haha!

Mind you, it's not just when turning slightly right, it now does it whatever the angle of the front wheels are... not all the time either, just every now and then.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't squeal/squeak when braking, just while driving along.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? That's clever... wonder how they know? I always thought they'd make a squealing noise when you used the brakes (gave them something to squeal about!) rather than just driving along.

I'm off tomorrow, so I might take the wheel off, wouldn't be sure how to check the brake pads mind, but I guess that's why I bought that Haynes manual eh? :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi im new to the forum. I have a civic sport and my wheel is squeeking also. it has had new break pads 2 months ago and it sounds like the squeeking is coming from the wheel when driving in a straight line. breaking or turning makes no difference to this. could this be the bearings and any idea of costs or any advice?
I spoke to a mechanic who said he encountered a similar problem and when he replaced the bearings it made no difference. I dont want to pay for new bearings if its the same problem after???

cheers :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue, squeeking and squeeling intermittantly however when the brakes were applied it stopped. Took it to the garage brake pads fine, discs ok, all the calliper pistons were clean,
All that was wrong was that there was so much dust and dirt around the brakes that when the brakes were applied the pistons and calliper would release but the pads would be pressed against the disc.
Got it cleaned off and some copper grease put on by the garage and all seems ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts