Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i have a 3 door Honda Civic sport 04 and i seem to have a condensation problem, as in it always seems to condensate up so easily.Also the other morning the windscreen was frosted on both the outside and on the inside. i have checked around the car for dampness but cant seem to find anything wrong. Has anyone else had this problem?? Ive also noticed with my civic is that my windows never clear when i have wound them down and back up again, i didnt know if this was something wrong with the rubber seal and maybe this has something to do with the frost and condensation? If anyone has any ideas please could you get back to me. Thank you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
MichaelVtec said:
My back window heater doesnt seem to work very well if not at all, the fuses are all alrite.

Any ideas?
Same problem as mine dude, let me know if you come up with anything, I just figured they were all like that! lol

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
MichaelVtec said:
My back window heater doesnt seem to work very well if not at all, the fuses are all alrite.

Any ideas?
have you got any breaks in the window element it self worth looking , but also can be hard to spot
also check the connectors at the glass
and it has been known for the wire to break where the tailgate hinges unless there on contact pads where the boot closes .

·
Registered
4 Posts
not to put a downer on things and not to say its a common problem with hondas but get your heating matrix checked out. in my last car the heating matrix blew which not only left a damp smell in my car, left me with damp carpets, and also ended up with no water in my water tank so be careful and check that your water levels are correct :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. In the end i had it checked out and they found out that my air con was not working. so hopefully that will solve the problem!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
air con makes it faster to demist.

with the rear screen you want to check the elements. i got something from halfords to fix it, basically conductive paint to fix any breaks in the elements. if only one element is gone then it will show up easily.
if its the power to it, i'd check the fuse.

·
Registered
143 Posts
sportycivic said:
not to put a downer on things and not to say its a common problem with hondas but get your heating matrix checked out. in my last car the heating matrix blew which not only left a damp smell in my car, left me with damp carpets, and also ended up with no water in my water tank so be careful and check that your water levels are correct :)
I had this same problem in my old corsa, engine just kept overheatin cuz i had no water in my watertank. . . the heater matrix had just p*ssed the water into my foot well lol

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I've got an '04 Civic Sport too and the windows always seem to steam up if the blowers aren't on (doesn't matter if they're on hot or cold, it seems to be the air which de-mists them). I just keep the blowers on all the time, just not the AirCon as it smells metallic... The rear window heater works fine though! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts