Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I don't actually own a Civic but there's been at least one in the immediate family for the last 5 years... joined up for some advice and suchlike.

Anyways, currently on the drive is a 2001 Civic 1.4 S- cheap and cheerful motoring- and looking into getting an accident-damaged Type-S on an '03 plate shortly (this is where the advice comes in!)

But yeah, hi!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
What type of advise you looking for?? BTW welcome to the site mate

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's up for £2,495 and is a 'Cat Z'... which I've never heard of before, and I've been dealing with written-off cars for a few years now. Basically needs a new bonnet, new tailgate- but the bumpers are both fine. Mum's Civic S got smashed into in 2006 and it had worse damage than this Type-S that I'm looking at.

Anyone know decent places to straighten a bootfloor in the Portsmouth/Southampton area if we do it and it does need a bootfloor decrumpling?

Also, decent spares places would be appreciated. I spray myself, but the car needs the bonnet and tailgate. I was thinking Marcus Baily for both, but if I can get them cheaper then anyone here with such things would be my new best friend!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Why dont you put on an after market bonnet and boot, ie, fyberglass or carbon fiber for weight reduction and improved strength compared to the standard factory components?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's for my mum. She doesn't appreciate stuff like that! :p

Bonnet I've found for under £100, brand new and primed... which is a good start.

Tailgate is proving tricky. :(

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that link, just waiting to hear back from Marcus Bailey as well.

Is it worth doing this project at the price? I think if I did the spraying myself, it could cost under £1,000 to get roadworthy...

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Evolution said:
It's for my mum. She doesn't appreciate stuff like that! :p

Bonnet I've found for under £100, brand new and primed... which is a good start.

Tailgate is proving tricky. :(
AHHHHHHH, thought it was for yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts